Thursday 19 June 2008

Art and Hearts



I trained as an artist for five years, ending up with a BA just prior to working as a car-park attendant. I do very little painting these days except for a few watercolours and doodles but these take significant second place to the writing.

One of the things I still do regularly is making up three-dimensional wall pieces from found items. This mirror was made with pieces found on Borth beach in Wales. It is much loved and has become, over the years, an altar of sorts, housing all the small precious things that people give me or I collect.



We go on a family holiday each year to The Edge in Devon. This is a sketch of Welcombe Mouth which has to be our most favourite beach in the country. Shingle, sand, rock pools, cliffs and granite fingers that will slice you open in an instant. We love it.





I still do a great many watercolours and regularly offer them for sale to supplement my income. Many become projected covers for my books.

Most are inspired by Biblical themes - This one is titled "The Second Seal".

Revelations 6:3 When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come!”

6:4
Another came forth, a red horse. To him who sat on it was given power to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another. There was given to him a great sword.

1 comment:

Graeme K Talboys said...

I love the mirror! And such lovely gifts the Lady has offered.