Friday 20 June 2008

Wordles and Squirdles


Clare told me about this site. Wordle. It's rather super, actually. You paste in a lot of words - such as the complete taxt of a book - and it gives you a word clod about it. Fascinating. It has revealed that I use 'back' rather a lot. I should cut that down. The image above is the one for 'An Ungodly Child' when I've removed the names 'Harold' and 'Jasfoup' and the word 'said'.

This morning's walk brought some unusual finds but instead I bring you this photograph of the dogs. I was trying to get a shot of the fascinating shapes the triple lead gets into - rhombuses and parallelograms - but caught this almost cubist rendition.

That's Bear on the right, lumbering along like a woolley juggernaut. Jack, on the left, has pulled against the motion and is caught almost stationary but Trickster, in the middle, is so small her legs move at four times the speed of the others and renders her a ghostly blur.


In the post this morning was something that arrived from Chicago.
What a delight, to see this beautiful package inside. It is, as you've no doubt guessed, a raven's claw necklace from the very talented Lady Lavona from the Cabinet of Curiosities

By coincidence, she posted that this was for sale on the very day I had exactly the right amount for it in my paypal account. I've bought it for K and was going to hang on to it for her birthday in August but it's midsummer tomorrow and seems right to give it to her now.

1 comment:

Olga/Maddie said...

The necklace is gorgeous. And I know that Katya will just love it. *big smile*

Also, the photo of the dogs was quite amusing, as you have these two tiny dogs up against Bear. So the contrast in size is quite something to see. *BG*

By the way, do you walk them all on the same lead?

I only ask because it looked like that in the photo but I couldn't exactly tell.

Hugs. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie