Tuesday 24 June 2008

Sunset garden

This is the seating area outside the kitchen door. We have a lot of seating areas in the garden but this is the most commonly used. Plants in pots and solar lights and a sturdy bench that K won in a school raffle long before I met her.

I like blue in the garden. People get bored when I paint everything blue but it goes so well with the plantage.

The upturned pot is for a cup of tea and there's another bench facing this one (I'm sat on it taking the photo.)

To the left of this picture, just before the four foot drop, is
a chimnea that K's mum bought her for her birthday a few years ago.

That's rather pretty, too. Cast iron and covered in rust. If you click on the image to full-size it, you can see the setting sun on the house in the three blue balls.

And this is the cat, Nute, studiously not making a decision. She's always been one to sit on the fence.

9 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Your garden is beautiful. So is Nute (the Liberal:-)

Jenny Beattie said...

Gorgeous garden. I'm particularly loving the upturned pot for a cup of tea! Nice.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you both :)

JJ -- that pot is where I took the photo of the tea a couple of weeks ago.

Jenny Beattie said...

Where's that post? The photo of the tea?

Rachel Green said...

It was on Laverstone Tales, JJ
herehttp://leatherdykeuk.blogspot.com/2008/06/wednestay-tea.html

Jenny Beattie said...

Oooh thanks Rachel. Luvverly... I'd missed that.

Olga/Maddie said...

There's Miss Lovely Nute! *BG*

And if we had our own fence, she could sit on it anytime! *VBG*

aims said...

Blue is as good as green!

Is that cedar I see?

ooooh - I can almost smell the garden even now...

Rachel Green said...

Not exactly - it's a leylandii hedge.