Saturday 14 June 2008

Of Dogs and Graves


You've heard of Fox's Glacier Mints, I suppose? The ones with a polar bear on them? Well, our Bear is a soft-as-butter German Shepherd but he asked me for one of my extra-strong, sugar free mints today. I checked the ingredients (he's gluten-intolerant) and they seemed okay so I offered him one.

He took it, sucked (he's not one to just swallow) and his face changed. I almost felt guilty about laughing at his expression of disgust as he spat it out.

I doubt he'd be pleased about the cartoon, either, but fortunately his feet are too big to use a normal keyboard.



This is Jack. He's not actually growling but begging me not to take his photograph. He's a bit superstitious about having his photograph taken and will often run from the room when he sees a camera. He's got a chewie here. A minute earlier he had collected all three chewies but I'd just given Bear and Trickster's theirs back.

They'd just got back from their morning walk and were having a relax.



Boythorpe cemetery in Chesterfield. This currently plays a large part in our morning walks. Cemeteries in general are delightful places. Without them, many of our towns and cities would be devoid of valuable green spaces.

This is the more modern side of Boythorpe -it's more interesting in the other half where the graves are older and more ornate. This section is a little more regimented. I find character names for the people in my novels here, too, and hope that in some small way the long-dead live again as characters in Laverstone.


I wonder if the Jack picture will be picked up by I Has A Hotdog

3 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

that dog has much sense!

Shullie said...

oOOOOOOO next time we come over a walk in the cemetery would be wonderful.

Shea seems to have fondness for pineapple and it's juice especially on her biscuits!

Olga/Maddie said...

That cartoon of Bear is priceless! Hee hee.

Jack doesn't seem to like either cameras or video cams, huh?

And that grave yard is just the sort that I could picture in one of your H&J stories and/or novels. *big smile*

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie