Saturday 5 July 2008

Beauty in Rain


Electricity Box

I don't know how long these will remain in existence but while they are I want to document them. I think them adorable relics of the last century and I'd love one to use as a tool shed - this one is about 4' high.

Beautiful skies this morning. It rained the whole time I was walking the dogs and I loved every minute of it. I loathe cold, sharp winter rain but summer rain is an utter delight. Great boiling clouds rolled overhead and I even took a minute of video of the sound of falling rain. What a fantastic morning. It's all cleared up now and the sun is out again.


This is me, of course.

I've had this hat for over twenty years now and it was thirty years old when I bought it (for £12 in 1985). The feathers look a little damp today and the hat is nearing the end of it's life, so if anyone has a spare fedora, I'd be happy to accept it ;)

Did you catch me reading a haiku I composed on the spot? It's here.



This is one of the cemetery crossroads. I've not yet met Lucifer there, yet, but I'd sell him my soul to be a successful writer. A moot point, probably, because if I were a Christian it would be already forfeit.

Bring on the dancing girls.

4 comments:

Olga/Maddie said...

I loved both the video and hearing your voice on it. *big smile*

And your hat is wonderful. *big big smile*

Plus, you really do suit the wearing of hats, my dear. *GG*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that today goes all right for you all.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

aims said...

Your voice! I love it!

Now girl - if you get the chance to sell your soul to be a published author....can you whisper my name to him too?

(you will be - I feel this)

Rachel Green said...

I'd be delighted, my dear lady :)

Olga/Maddie said...

You're very welcome, my dear. *big smile*

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie