Sunday 27 July 2008

Blue flowers and blue humour

Gossamer strands like
filaments of light adhere
to fresh morning skin.

Is the haze of blue flowers in the far field visible? I don't know what they are (not thistles) and I can't get close enough to see.



The wall at the back of someone's house. There were about 15 different species of plant here.

Unfortunately, while i was taking photographs a chap with a dog turned up and I had to scarper to avoid my dogs fighting with his.



I loved the graphic on this sign, which is almost opposite our house.

Not just danger, but lightning that will kill you if you climb this gate...






Remember Viz Comic?
Jack reminded me of a bottom inspector here.

Talking of Viz, I was looking for the stock image here when I came across THIS SITE selling all the old issues. Now I used to live on Osbourne Road and Lily Crescent, where the Viz boys lived, was less than a hundred yards away in the 80's (It still is that distance, but I moved south). I had the complete set of Viz from 1 to about 40 and look at the pice they're worth now! £300 for a comic I paid 30p for when it came out.

4 comments:

aims said...

Yes you can definitely see the haze of blue flowers in the distance. Very lovely looking.

Not sure what you mean with the sign Rachel. Is the fence electrified? Good visual tho...really odd.

I laughed at the look on Bear's face...he looks like he's not too happy with Jack right at that moment!

And the comic? Never seen it here in Canada. But boy would my brother's partner love to get $300 for all of his 5000 comics that he has hoarded. OMG!

Rachel Green said...

I'm glad you can see the blue. One day I'll get a better camera :)

The gate led to an electricity sub-station - I should have explained that in the text.

BT said...

Yes, you can see the haze of blue. could be some late forget me nots? Can't think what else at that height.

Rachel Green said...

It's a bit late for those. I've no idea what they could be.