Wednesday 16 July 2008

Books, Sky, Fence, Dogs


Lane posted some pictures of her bookshelves and invited others to do the same. Mine are in a dreadful mess, but here's one of the main bookcase in the study. My PC is just to the right of this, with my back facing the bookcase. The top shelf is the most interesting - it's full of writing how-to's and hitting people with swords and weapons how-to's.*

*I know there isn't supposed to be an apostrophe in 'to's' but how else would one write it? 'tos' just looks wrong!


Fantastical sky promises storms and lightning - does not deliver.


I spied a small fence
and a couple of sheds
and a rusty fire bin.





Trickster, happy to see me return from the shop (I was away all of three minutes),
Jack, *not talking*
and Bear wondering what's going on and who I am.

6 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

ooh I like your shelves - and your little spice drawers:-)

And the dogs! Bear is so sweet:-)

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Lane :) The spice drawers contain stones which say 'hope' 'peace' and so on.

Bear is a bit of a doofus!

aims said...

I love your shelves and the spice drawers too! In fact - I didn't know they were spice drawers - I just stole that from Lane!

Yup - can see the happiness - the not talking to you pose and the 'what?"

Is Bear by any chance a little cross-eyed?

Good sheds - you do have a bit of an obsession there girl.

Rachel Green said...

I like sheds. Sheds are doorways to an inner peace.

Bear is epileptic and has to have downers twice a day. This makes him very dopey.

BT said...

Splendid shelves, just as shelves should look, crowded and a bit messy.
Poor Bear, I trust he survived while you were away! Goes back to check spice drawers which I hadn't noticed...

Great fence..

Rachel Green said...

If only I had room for the boxes of books in the loft!