Tuesday 15 July 2008

Cemetery and Bird table


I loved this.

This notice was on the gate to the cemetery. I find the whole idea of renting cemetery plots enchanting. What if you default?


To be fair, I think it referred to the allotments next door.


This is in the garden.
Its a three foot tall iron butterfly screen
that Gina bought Kay for her birthday a few years ago.

We love it.

Below are the geraniums.



This arrived today :)


With the aid of a screwdriver it became this:



And then with a lick of blue
shedrite it lost its chintz value and became this.

Very happy with it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog!
I've only just found it.
And I've just learned how to syndicate it. :-)

Rachel Green said...

Super, Pennie :)

DK said...

lovely post wyfe! :-) xxx

Jen said...

Gorgeous photo of the sign on the cemetary. Hmmm... The Sign on the Cemetary. That's given me an idea.

I can't imagine how I haven't found this blog before. Am very glad I have now though. The words beneath the title made me smile. Not everyone can see something special in a discarded crisp bag you know.

Shame you weren't at the NR meet on Saturday. I was really looking forward to meeting you. Next time perhaps?

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Jen. This is a little slice of the me behind the demon, and more up-beat than my daily moan on livejournal.

I'm sorry I missed the meet. Quite apart from the financial aspect, I had a complete wibble about the number of people in London.

I'd have to go there if I sold a book but until then I'll stay in my comfort zone. I managed Manchester all right, so an out-of-London meeting would suit me better.

aims said...

I love it! I want it! Of course you painted it blue!

Rachel Green said...

It is rather sweet!

BT said...

it's beautiful. Much 'posher' than ours!! Love the cemetery sign too. Highly amusing!

Great photos.
xx

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Gina. It had been on order since the May issue of Gardener's World :)