Saturday 12 July 2008

Fence, Sky, Books, Wants


Fence

A traditional council iron fence. You just don't seem to see these anymore.
Painted in traditional council green with just the beginnings of rust showing through.

Give me one of these instead of a chain-link fence anyday.


Don't you just love winter skies?
The majesty of the sun lighting heavy rain clouds.

Even better when they're taken in July and it's warm enough to take them with just your tee-shirt on.

Boythorpe cemetery of course.
There aren't that many places I can take three dogs at once when one of them only has six-inch-long legs.


I love surprises.

I shouldn't have asked for a copy of this because I have so many other books on my 'to read' pile but Anthony at Bluechrome Publishing sent it to me anyway.

It's a proof copy of "A Portrait of the Arsonist as a Young Man" by Andrew McGuinness and I must saw I'm really rather looking forward to reading it.

The back copy does look rather enticing.

Gods! I'm such a book whore!

Last night I coveted these three books but I really can't afford them. I'd be so tempted to write a murder story set in Laverstone if I had them. I haven't dodne one of those since Screaming Yellow in 2006.


2 comments:

aims said...

Oh Man! A murder in Laverstone Manor? My God girl - if anyone can do it - you can! (rubbing my hands with glee)

I confess I saw these listed somewhere as well and my mind wandered.....

of course I need to finish this one before I start a fiction.....but still!

Love the fence and the sky. What kind of dogs are they if I may be so bold as to ask. And if they don't mind telling or having their pics taken?

btw - only this one that is getting spammed? Is that odd?

Rachel Green said...

I have written a mundane murder mystery before, but not a successful one.

The dogs are two jack russells and a German Shepherd. I'll have to throw up some pics of them.

It is odd that the demon doesn't get spammed. Perhps its him spamming me.