Tuesday 22 July 2008

Fences and Benches again



This is a fence on the way to (or back from) the local shop. You may remember I posted this fence before, here, when it was covered in an elder tree. Now the elder has gone and the fence looks poorer for it.



This is a sweet piece of fencing in someone's front garden. It's only about a foot high but it's quite charming.



Someone else's garden.
I just like the juxtaposition of colours and verticals.

Not an interesting fence, just a good composition.



If I go to the field via the post box, this is where we come out and where we enter the field.

Trickster's shouting impatiently as I fiddle with the camera on the phone.

Bear id anxious to get into the field too.

I limbo under the middle post.


The waste bin is back again - and it hasn't even been emptied.

How very odd.



The front garden, and the teasels are just coming into flower.

Delightful, though i shall have to do my best to stop them setting seed. From a cultivated plant two years ago they're rapidly becoming weeds.


1 comment:

aims said...

You mean it's the same garbage that was in it when they took it away and have now brought back? That is indeed very very odd!

I note that Jack is sniffing Bear's back leg in the pic....not odd - just doggish.

And that fence does look the worse for wear without the elder tree. What happened to it? Did they cut it down?

I left a comment over there...and forgot to say I've never tasted elderberries. Do they have a taste that is describable?

I've made rhubarb, crab apple, and some other kind of apple that grows in the neighbours yard but there are quite a few branches hanging into ours full of apples...I was going to say wine...I've made wine out of these.
I think the rhubarb was the best. Made in a huge crock...with raisins...much fun.

I also wanted to add that I have noticed how much you notice when you are out and about. Different things catch your eye and then you bring it to our attention. I think that is a sign of a true writer you know. What do you think?