Thursday 31 July 2008

Fences, Graves, Fish and Pan


This is the bit between the dog field and the cemetery - the gap in the railings is just to the left. This is the corner, which contains an old horse-chestnut tree.



"And when you are dead, mom, this is how we'll dance around your grave."

"Is this yours?
You're very old.
"

This one for Aims, who wanted to see the awching Bramble Explorer, which has reached its target of the other hedge now.





A quick trip to Morisson's gave me the fish sculpture against the evening sky




Finally, this was for Nice Caroline
who's promoting the launch of her new novel Black Books which is out on the 1st September.

Caroline Smailes

5 comments:

Rachel Green said...

AIMS said:
Of course I was in awe of that bit of bramble...and the dogs dancing around the grave..lovely...but um Rachel? Isn't this suppose to be 'When the Dogs Bite' instead of in Laverstone Tales?

btw - when you move it over - I wanted to comment on the thorns on that bramble...are they all like that??

And the stone gremlin...lovely - and the fish - divine!

Hope my comments go with the move if there is a move!

I said:

Oh crap...yes!

Rachel Green said...

Yes, Brambles are viciously thorny.

That was Pan - We've had him for several years.

BT said...

Oh yes, Aims, bramble thorns are evil things, they rip my arms to pieces frequently.

Pan is lovely, I don't remember him. I used to be pan in a dance in the days when I did ballet!

I remember the fish sculpture.
The dogs dancing are just great, made me laugh.

Rachel Green said...

We used to have Pan on his own telegraph-pole plinth in the garden of 396, Gina

BT said...

Brain going, Rach. I don't remember! Too long ago.

xx