Friday 11 July 2008

Fences



Another makeshift fence. I love the foot high section they started with. This is at the side of the field where I walk the dogs.



Not a makeshift fence this one, but lovely all the same. This one has comfrey and geranium growing at the bottom




The very corner of the dog walking field and the joining of two fences.

and finally, the fence I alluded to a day or two ago - the fence that stops the dogs climbing onto the compost heap, with bicycle an integrated part.








In other news, I've had to enable word verification on comments. I hate doing this, but I'm getting spammed constantly now.

9 comments:

aims said...

You obviously have an eye for picking out the beautiful in the midst of the mundane.

I keep telling The Man that we need to get a better camera. All these blogs with beautiful pics is so inspiring.

The problem is - we didn't have a camera when I was young - so I feel quite uncomfortable standing around taking pictures - I don't want people looking at me as I do that. Makes me very self-concious. I feel I miss a lot because of it.

Damn spammers!

Rachel Green said...

I'm using a Sony Ericson K750i phone with a 3.1 Mp camera. The new model (850?) has a 5.1 Mp

aims said...

You're kidding - and iphone! Wow!

Rachel Green said...

No, not an iphone - a k750i - not the same thing at all. Mine's about £300 cheaper, for one thing!

BT said...

I once took a whole series of fences, they're great. Love the broken and wonky ones you find at the edge of fields, often next to roads.

aims, do get snapping. Once you start, you'll not stop. It's a wonderful creative hobby and with digital piccies, so much quicker.

Love the compost fence Rach.

Rachel Green said...

Edge-of-field fences are the best. Where Susan, my sister, lives, there was one with an old tractor parked in a gap in the hedge and left to rust.

Olga/Maddie said...

In the photo of the fence with the comfrey and geranium growing at the bottom, is that both a person and a dog that I see in the upper left hand corner?

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

P.S.: GGGgggrrsss to those bastards (the sp*mmers, I mean)! :(.

Rachel Green said...

Yes it is, Olga - I hung about until she'd gone.

Olga/Maddie said...

Thanks for confirming that, Rachel. *big smile*

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie