Tuesday 29 July 2008

Look down and see the sky!


Smatterings of rain -
enough to make tyres hiss
but not to cool off.


How cheering, to look down at the floor and see the sky!

This is all temporary, for when we have forty days of rain I shall long once more for the sunlit fields of my youth. It is ever my dichotomy, to long for that I don't have.


So, no rain, but the overnight rain at least made the walk cooler, particularly under the avenue of beeches in the cemetery.








This mushroom was about three inches across. It was reminiscent of something...





This is where they're dumping all the mucking out of that horse I told you about. It does make that bit of the cemetery a bit pongy, though. There is, however, a lovely old piece of fencing.

7 comments:

BT said...

Love the sky in the puddle. Oh you have 'the grass is always greener' syndrome too. I've long suffered from that.

Good fence, not good pongy poo.

Rachel Green said...

I do. Come September I'll be pining for the sun!

aims said...

Are they really mucking out a horse? How is that done then?

The sky down below...makes you want to fall into it ....

I'm not sure what that mushroom reminds me of...

Rachel Green said...

Mucking out is the daily clean-out of a norse's stable, where all the soiled straw is removed and replaced with fresh.

The mushroom? Well... I'm lesbian, remember ;)

aims said...

of course I remember! I was trying to be cute...didn't happen huh?

Graeme K Talboys said...

Love the glimpse of sky; mirror world; otherworld. It's always very close.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Graeme :) Nice of you to stop by.