Thursday 24 July 2008

Plants, Bins, Plots


This delightful stone trough full of ivy was in someone's front garden.

I found it utterly delightful (though I wouldn't have filled it with Ivy)


The rubbish bin has been half-emptied. Am I going on about this bin too much?

It is rather attractive :)

I took that pot of chrysants in the front. I'm hoping it can be saved. It was very dry indeed.



Either a new cremation plot or an old one dug up.

I suspect the latter, though i swear that it wasn't my dogs that did it!

2 comments:

aims said...

Why would they dig up an old cremation plot? Jack is looking a tad hopeful....

And I wonder - again - what is going on with that bin? Half empty now? Why not all? I particularly like the 2 for 5....very nice. I guess the dead don't mind at all if you bring them a bargain....

And - I love the stone pot too...just plain thank you - no ivy.

(off to help my brother for a couple of days if I'm a little slow commenting Rachel..and most likely I won't be posting either for a bit...struggling is the correct word - with writing out those final days...)

Rachel Green said...

Perhaps to plant the partner of the deceased? Or perhaps the descendants were moving away and wanted to take dear old dad?

I hope the time with your brother goes well, and the writing is cathartic.