Friday 18 July 2008

Skips, death, dogs


This has appeared on my daily walk where builders are doing a house up. Kay has trained me out of skipdiving but the pile of wood - so useful for garden projects, bale fires and the chimnea, is so tempting!

Not to mention those slates -- they're super for use in art projects.


These two are a bit related - The one of an amazing sycamore leaf caught on some brambles and the other a tiger lily discarded in the cemetery waste bin, along with several bouquets of yellow chrysanthemums and - I kid you not - the triple pendulum light fitting from a house. I have no idea why.




I've had BigDog hiding under my chair all day. He'd just got over Rowan being here (and going again) when Hugh turned up. He got over Hugh's ten minute visit three hours later - just in time for Rowan to get back.

He thinks he can't be seen.

4 comments:

aims said...

Oh big dog! You are such a cutie! Makes me want to hug you which would probably put you into hiding for 3 days! He's a darling Rachel!

Did you go back and nab the slates? There's a woman over here who paints primitive pics on them - like of buffalo and horses - very primitive looking - and then sells them for $600 for a small (very small) one....her art is really catching on and I'm sure those prices will be low in a few years....but her work is stunning and the slate really adds to that!

I loved the pics of the leaf and the discarded lily. I looked and looked for the light fixture but it wasn't in the pic was it?

(was helping my brother on Friday so missed some reading - obviously catching up now)

Rachel Green said...

Bear tends to be okay with women - it's men he's scared of. I didn't go back for the slates. Not yet, anyway, and the discarded light fitting wasn't there, sorry.

BT said...

And I'll have the hessian for my rag rugs!!

Go on, fill your boots.

Poor Bear, what a psycho he is.

Rachel Green said...

Quite so!
I meant to go last night but I forgot.