Friday 15 August 2008

Cakes and Windows Fixes

This was the birthday cake that Kirsty (eldest daughter) made for me last Monday. In the shape of a book, with two bookworms and Jasfoup's name on the page. Jasfoup is written correctly, by the way, as in the example at www.jasfoup.com

Best of all, it was a sponge cake covered not with icing but with marzipan





Walking today.
You can tell it's August because of the blackberries!

Delicious!

Ripe and sweet and succulent from the cemetery.





I had to take this shot.

I saw it and thought it looked like a seventies picture postcard.

Wish you were here?




And this is what I've been doing all day. Rebuilding the cake maker's PC.

I was swearing a bit. All the software, including Windows, is genuine but would it update? No, is the short answer. I rebuilt from scratch, found all the drivers online, installed a new graphics card, re-installed all her software and it still wouldn't update windows.

At the end of my tether I googled 'windows could not install updates' and came across this handy little tool which fixed everything. Dial-a-fix.

6 comments:

aims said...

Oh!!!!! The cake is fantastic! What a wonderful thought! Only trouble is - not made for a celiac....sigh.

But ya! I would love to be there - but above ground - not under any of those old stones...:0)

I'm sure the cakemaker will be happy with all you've done. I always am when my 'puter gets fixed and updated.

Rachel Green said...

Not for a celiac, no, alas :(

Kirsty will be happy with the computer - it's now the best in the house - better than mine!

Chris Stovell said...

Ah, bless (is that right?!). Anyway, happy belated birthday.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Chris - She's all grown up and moved away but she still come home for tech support.

BT said...

What a wonderful cake, did she really make it herself? I couldn't have!

Well done for your heroic efforts with K's pc. Mine's been much better since you spring cleaned it. What a wonder you are!
x

Rachel Green said...

Kirsty is fantastic at making fancy cakes. She really is a marvel.

She's away for the weekend. She'll get it back on Sunday.