Wednesday 20 August 2008

Still no camera pics

This is a portrait of my friend Maggie, done in my third year at art school. It was originally a 5' by 4' 'standard' portrait of her (This was 1987 and i had a huge crush on her at the time) but it was boring. I cut it up, added the broken chair (she'd just had an operation on her leg) and repainted it over three canvasses. A serious influence from Howard Hodgkin, too.



Watercolour "Sansuriel"
2007
One of my recent watercolours
I have this one somewhere. It was up for sale for a while.



"Bit" Collage, 1999

A collage with a long poem about my ex.

Best forgotten, I think.




"Natural 4"
tagart
2002

Found materials collected from the river bank of the Derwent.

4 comments:

aims said...

Okay - I meant to comment on this in an earlier post but I got distracted and my pea brain completely forgot about it.

You write AND you paint. Right.

*Shakes her head and moseys away feeling totally inadequate.*

Rachel Green said...

Ha!
But I can't make a living from either one!

BT said...

Oh she most certainly does, aims. Her art is wonderful. Her birthday cars are fabulous, but I can never throw them away. The Christmas cards I've had over the years come out each Christmas!
Great to see some of your work on here for a change.
xx

Rachel Green said...

Thank you Gina.
Sue informed me that I gave her "sansuriel" for Christmas last year ;)