Monday 18 August 2008

When the Sun Shone

I've loaned Kirsty my phone-to-USB cable for a few days so there will be no photos until i get it back. Here, then, are some from last week of the Circle in the garden.

This is of the altar in the north (earth) corner. You can just see the statue of the Goddess and the solar light.






This is a small heather bed and a set og 6' wind chimes I made last year. The butterfly was a gift from Luisa's friends Ann-Marie and Dora.



The Air corner.

Somewhat overgrown but it's filled with windchimes and pieces of mirror that catch the wind and reflect the light.

6 comments:

aims said...

Oh My! Look at the apples! They look delicious! They are apples aren't they?

I adore your wind chimes. They must make a beautiful sound! So tall - so big around...lovely lovely lovely!

So there is an earth circle and an air circle then? So very interesting to me Rachel...thank you for all of this.

aims said...

Of course I meant corner - not circle...oh duh!

Rachel Green said...

Not quite; there's one big circle with arty installations at the cardinal points and a fire pit in the middle.

Lane Mathias said...

The wind chimes are lovely. And the butterfly and the lavender - and all of it. The birds must love it!

Rachel Green said...

They do - they just don't like my bird feeders!

BT said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it all in person very soon....
BT
xx