Sunday 14 September 2008

Yesterdays

A bit of a cheat, this. It was so dismal today that I've used a few shots from yesterday when it was sunny. A bit boring but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.


A shot of the graves. See the way the clouds are shaped around the tree in the background?






The road the bisects the cemetery. I often take a shot like this but I suspect this will be the last dry one for a while. Despite the sun my feet were soaked. I need some wellies.

Conkers!
Tiny but just as exciting as in my youth.





And an Artist Trading Card I made and sent someone.

9 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

The clouds round the trees are perfect. Love conkers too. They always bring back memories:-)

Rachel Green said...

They do to me, too :)

Try explaining the game of conkers to an American!

aims said...

Ahhh! I was just going to say ---- about conkers. Don't have a clue what you are talking about.

The clouds are amazing in all the pics Rachel. My brother always says - did you see the clouds?

Do you do any grave rubbings? And - do you have any idea what the oldest grave would be in that cemetery? I always find the dates so fascinating! And so sad too!

spacedlaw said...

Beautiful card!

Rachel Green said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers

I don't do grave rubbings but I do look at the names for use as characters in H&J - the less absurd ones, anyway. This is Boythorpe cemetery, where last year the oldest woman in Britain (117) was buried.

aims said...

Somehow - upon reading the wikipedia description - the game sounded familiar. I don't remember playing it tho.

And 117? Wow!

Olga/Maddie said...

That particular ATC looks wonderful. *big smile*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that today goes all right for you all.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

BT said...

Great ATC Rach. I picked up some conkers in Milan! Couldn't resist their shiny glossy surface. We have one stuck with blue tak on our car dashboard. I gave it to Jim as a present after we'd first met. It' all shriveled up now.

Rachel Green said...

How super, Gina. Conkers are just magical!