Thursday 9 October 2008

Haiga - WOTD - fetish


fet·ish [fet-ish, fee-tish] –noun
1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.
2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.
3. Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.
Also, fetich.

[Origin: 1605–15; earlier fateish <>

No-one had explained
that dressing as a rabbit
was Lucy's fetish

11 comments:

spacedlaw said...

The original playboy bunny...
(not sure WHY this is a fetish)

Rachel Green said...

Not sure - but I have it (Shh!)

aims said...

I didn't know about the first meaning of the word. Very fascinating. But OMG! You as a bunny? Well I never!

My word of the day: acquiesce

My shoe of the day: A deep red suede boot - very pointy toe with black bead word elegantly scrawled all over it and a 3" slim heel. To me it says 'Rachel' - I don't know why. It's a boot with a statement - and yet it has a deep elegance and is beautiful. But I don't think it would be for walking the dogs. Perhaps it's for afterwards - you know - shit-kicking.....

This one I like.

Rachel Green said...

To the beaded boots
I acquiesce - for bunnies
see my profile pic...

BT said...

Oh very good Rachel. aims, I think it sounds like a Rachel boot too! Or a BT one maybe!
xx

Rachel Green said...

Indeed!
I have such huge feet after the accident I doubt I can ever wear a ladies' boot again!

spacedlaw said...

Now I am going to imagine you wearing a bunny costume...

spacedlaw said...

And not just the ears...

Rachel Green said...

*laughs*

If I could afford a full-body bunny suit I would!

spacedlaw said...

With a broken foot, the spiked heels are probably off limit...

Rachel Green said...

Very true!