Wednesday 15 October 2008

Wet and dreary

Wet and dreary after the last few days of fabulous sunshine. It was almost a surprise to see the extent of the autumn colours today. Monday they were all still green!



The grass underfoot -
beech leaves
gathering in death



They have gleared the gutters in the cemetery, though. Two chaps with blowers and another with a street-cleaner tractor were there this morning.


Look at the contrast between green and copper beech trees!


Lovely rust on the top shed hinges.

6 comments:

BT said...

Councils usually do manage to keep cemetaries well. It's an emotive place and there'd be complaints if they didn't.

Raining here today too, as it was most of yesterday. Love the photo of 'death'.

aims said...

All our trees have changed to yellow - we have mostly poplar and cottonwoods in Alberta. No maples for the brilliant reds and no oaks for those lovely oranges.

As usual - the trees burst into colour and then we get a huge wind and it blows all the leaves off. Never fails. We've had that wind so all the trees are bare already. And it's what - October 15th? Makes for a very long winter. We're already getting -11C at nights. *shaking my head*

aims said...

btw - that photo of me I posted for you? That was on my wedding day in 2004. We were on our way to the heliport.....but I don't want to get ahead of my story so don't tell anyone.

I've dropped 30 lbs since then and my haircut is more like DK's now - just not as short on the sides but combed straight back. Interesting how time changes us all.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Aims. The speed of this year's transition has taken me by surprise. It was a lovely photo so i can only believe you are even lovlier now. *bows*

BT said...

Excuse me, where is this wedding photo???? I can't find it.

We were married in 2003!

Rachel Green said...

It's Aims' photo on the Slide Guest book at the bottom :)