Saturday 18 October 2008

Wetland field fungi

beautiful old fencing
sunny days of autumn




Even the crappy woods
look fabulous in the
low slanting sun




The Wetlands field -
low cloud and sunshine.

Jack got lost again - he'd squeezed into the gap
in an electricity sub-station fence and couldn't get out.
Fortunaltely, I was able to find the gap he'd used.

More of the Wetland field

and three fungi which I can't find in my identifying fungi book. Any clues?









I opened up the Kali altar and burned incense.
DK back tomorrow.

6 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Looks like shaggy ink cap...
Check the bottom of the gills on the older specimens: they should be black and giving out some sort of ink (which according to my mushroom book is a good one for drawing!)

aims said...

Jack - Jack - Jack! Sounds like he's got some kind of wandering bug. The little imp!

The crappy woods look dreamy. Amazing!

With DK coming home - happy days will be here again!

(just having my breakfast and then we're gone - see you in a week)

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Nathalie! I'll have a look tomorrow.

Aims: Have a great trip. You'll be missed.

Unknown said...

I'm hopeless with fungi. Sorry. :(

The photos look wonderful, but Jack!

Happy returns tomorrow!

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Stephanie :)

BT said...

I too think they're shaggy ink cap Rachel.

Jack's taken a leaf out of Buster's book. He's just a born wanderer.