Sunday 2 November 2008

Gathering

No photos of people because I have no permissions to post any, but last night was the handfasting of dear friends Hugh and Lelani and the Samhain gathering, both performed in the consecrated circle in the garden. Here's the fish pond, which played no part whatsoever in the garden.

And the circle and fire pit.





...and the altar.





Afterwards, I had a bit of private time. This is the sacrificial burning of my 500 page printed-out editing copy of 'An Ungodly Child'.

8 comments:

aims said...

It all looks so beautiful and calming - even the book burning.

I have to ask. 500 pages turned into how many?

spacedlaw said...

After you had done the editing I hope?

Rachel Green said...

The final is with the publisher!

Rachel Green said...

about 140 without the spacer lines

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. A sacrificial burning? What fun!

Rachel Green said...

I do them regularly!

BT said...

Wow Rach, I don't know whether I'd have the courage until I'd seen it in print!!

Rachel Green said...

It was a little hedge-witchery!