Saturday 8 November 2008

Yellow dancer


What a fantastic shape for a discarded banana


Deep red fleshy seeds
from the shrimp plant
in our front garden



Morning sunshine on Berberis


Garden wall top in
Boythorpe Close






Wetlands field - muddy tracks.

They're clearing part of the field for
some reason I'm not privy to.


Wetlands field is wet.
My feet are dry.
New wellies!



Wetlands field
Someone painted this tree green
Is that a dryad foetus?










Pollarded plane tree.

The council do this every year, though our street
hasn't been done yet.




Woodland walk

4 comments:

aims said...

Hey! I asked you once before how much wellies cost over there. I told you I saw them in Vancouver and they were selling for $125.00. That would make them half that price - about - for you if that is the case. Is it? That much for a pair of rubber boots?

What do you mean about the plane trees? They cut them back every fall? Why?

Too many questions this morning?

Rachel Green said...

I got mine at Wilkinson's for £7.99 - about $12 US. I had looked in my mail-order catalogue but they were £65 ($100) in there.

Yes, they cut the trees back every year. It's called pollarding and keeps them a manageable size for the street.

Unknown said...

Super photos! I love the banana peel for it reminds me of things best left unnamed. ;) The garden wall top is gorgeous.

Rachel Green said...

It doesn't look nearly as nice below eye level, though!