Thursday 15 January 2009

Lost and Found

Seven, South Lace was the name of the place,
though the reason was lost to the mist

was there ever a mill where the Burger and Grill
served food to the 2 AM pissed?

And far from the south was the alleyway mouth
where the post-it note told me to wait

But I need not have feared the strange and the weird
when I opened the wrought iron gate.

For there of the floor just in front of the door
was the beast of which I’d been told

Not longer was missing this beast I was kissing
my dog could come in from the cold.

6 comments:

Dave King said...

A fine poem. Given its subject it is original in both conception and structure. I enjoyed it.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you kindly :)

aims said...

This made my eyes wrinkle up at the corners my friend.

Was it Bear? Trickster? Jack?

Rachel Green said...

no, Aims; it was years ago -- a dog called Holly.

BT said...

Ah, bless. A Holly poem, a lovely poem.

Rachel Green said...

I still miss her :)