Saturday 31 January 2009

Spiderman Fingers

A Spidey suit
and a new comic
as a birthday treat.
All day Spiderman
zoomed around the house
climbing the walls (with the aid of a chair)
and shooting nets
from his pump-action wrist guns
until they were lost
between the raspberries
and the rhubarb trees.

Birthday teas
were jelly and ice cream and chocolate fingers
but not for spidermen
who didn’t wash their hands.

“What do you mean,
Spidermen don’t eat chocolate fingers?
I’m not a spiderman really,
I’m just me.”

7 comments:

aims said...

Gosh - I know a couple of grownups that would be in their glory if they could have a spiderman suit - and - the party!

But I have to agree. Don't wash your hands? None for thee.

Rachel Green said...

*S*
This was the card i drew for Aimee's birthday today. She loves Spiderman and she's 29.

stu said...

I suspect the whole point of superheros having normal alter egos is that they then have someone who can eat what they like.

Rachel Green said...

Exactly, Stu :)

Beth said...

i love love love this!

Rachel Green said...

Thank you B :)

BT said...

Love the illustration. How honoured is Aimee to get such an artistic card!