Sunday 15 February 2009

No 33, Jeeves

Inspector White took half an hour
to bring the man to trial.
Mr. Jeeves of thirty-three
stood in the dock and smiled.
“I’ll admit to nothing, sir,”
he said when asked his plea;
the trinkets in my house were all
just given me, you see.
“The watch you found of diamond face
for services I rendered:
the rings and necklaces of jade
were pay for bills I tendered.
Every bit of jewelery,
when pushing comes to shove
was given me by ladies:
I think, therefore I love.

7 comments:

Jinksy said...

Love the questionable innoce of the bloke in the dock's face...

Rachel Green said...

heh1 At least until the parade of witnesses!

aims said...

When I waitressed - my accountant use to advise me to say the same thing....

Rachel Green said...

very sensible!

BT said...

Oh Rach, this morning I've done nothing but laugh! What a tonic your blog is today. I'm glad I had some catching up to love. Love the drawing too.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you Gina. Glad to bring a smile!

Unknown said...

Ha! Excellent defence. :)