Thursday 19 March 2009

Lesbian Decembers


We romped again last night. I caught the sweet
first light of dawn as madder on your lips –
a kiss before the morning drapes your feet
with worries of the day ahead and dips
your shuttered eyes to work and grime. Tell me
of your lunchtime plans that I may steal you
to a different shore, a place where we can be
past lovers who have met by chance and who
have dallied long in old regrets and learned
of one another’s dreams to be the sort
of modern women who have always yearned
to love each other. Wait a minute! Ought
there to be such condoms labelled sod-
omy and liquid latex…Oh my god!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*chuckles* Sublime.

Though the romantic in me loved
past lovers who have met by chance and who
have dallied long in old regrets
.

aims said...

You do romance like no-one else.

*clapping*

Rachel Green said...

Thank you ladies, you are too kind!