Thursday 5 March 2009

Overdue Account

Dear Mr. Waterman I think it’s time to say
you’ve had your fun; the jig is up, there has to be a day
when contracts taken out in faith are payable at last
without the need for personal aspersions to be cast.

You’ve had your three score years and ten and then another ton:
It’s time to visit us in Hell for pokers up your bum
we really have been patient as I’m sure you will agree,
but your final wish for extra time was never cleared by me.

I’ve been very understanding and a giver of the doubt
but after all this time I think it’s time I gave a shout
and called your soul from mortal lands where you have been carousing
and strip the soul from mortal flesh it up till now called housing.

Now if you come here right away and do not make a scene
I’ll make sure that your seven wives don’t find out where you’ve been.
I’ll throw your friends a party, there’ll be upping of the knees
RSVP, if you would, signed Mephistopheles.

7 comments:

Steve Gravano said...

excellent

aims said...

*laughing with absolute delight*

Oh Harold! He has your number!

Rachel Green said...

Alas!

BT said...

Oh NO, poor Harold, surely time's not up?? Loved the poem, hilarious use of rhyme.

Rachel Green said...

It's all right - this is way in the future yet.

Unknown said...

Harold should put a little nip in his tea after that summons!

Superb job.

Rachel Green said...

*laughs*
He doesn't drink at all!