Monday 23 March 2009

Sullen Skies


It feels like the seaside
with wind blowing and waves crashing
against granite-pebble beach
and the hiss and clatter
as the waves drag pebbles back
to the bosom of the tide.

But I’m not at the beach
and the waves are the plastic sheets
on the shed roof
creaking and banging
and the bags of recycled plastics
taking flight
into sullen grey skies.

I want a lazy day
a crazy day
a wrap-up-warm-and-watch-an-old-film day.
I don’t want to write
or draw or paint or sweep the floor
I want to just snuggle with a blanket and the dog
and a book
and a cup of tea.

4 comments:

aims said...

This is exactly what yesterday felt like - with the snowstorm howling outside - inside nice and warm and yes - I had a number of cups of tea....

Rachel Green said...

Tea cures all ills!

BT said...

Then I hope that's what you did Rachel. Copious cups of tea and warmth, bliss.

Rachel Green said...

Kinda sorta... after the writing.