Saturday 18 April 2009

Conjectured thoughts of a non-mechanic


If I was a car
I’d be a Morris Minor Traveller
the kind with wooden panels
and a door knob for an indicator.
I’d be the kind of car
that you’d be proud of
if someone said how lovely it was
but otherwise you’d keep
under a tarp in the garage.
There would be rust on my sills,
one wonky wheel that no-one could fix
(you can’t get the parts)
dry rot in the wooden struts
and the speedo
would never get past forty-five
without the gasket blowing.
But once in a while
you’d give it a polish
and call it good.

9 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

I agree.

aims said...

I wonder what I would be if I was a car?

A roadster? A corvette?

oh! I know - A 55 chevy! ;0)

Rachel Green said...

How super!

spacedlaw said...

A lovely car full of troubles.

Rachel Green said...

and very collectible nowadays.

Unknown said...

Just super. And yes. :)

DK said...

~chuckles~ lovely! I like this one :-)

BT said...

Miranda used to have one but it sort of fell apart - as they did! Lovely painting and poem.

Rachel Green said...

Yes, they all fell apart - they're a fortune now.