Sunday 12 April 2009

One Time Offer


What need have I of Paradise, that many-coloured Heaven
where God and all his angels are in bed by half-past seven?
I’ll take damnation if it means a midnight whore I’ll be
and dance until the early hours and strip off for a fee.
I’ll share a bed with women - sod Leviticus’ call
there’s nothing wrong with lesbians and queers have a ball.
I’ll buy my neighbour’s daughters for a camel and a goat
and set them free of tyranny, of pious daddy’s coat;
for though he is a churchgoer and Heaven is his goal,
the way he beats his wife and kids denies he has a soul –
he hates the gays and women – they all treat him with disdain
that’s why he turned to Jesus and got on the bigot train.
Without the resurrection there would be no need for Hell
a carrot for the pious man; a stick for those that Fell.

4 comments:

aims said...

This brought an image to my mind that I can't even share here. All I can tell you is that it's not a good one Rachel and it's made me kinda sad.

Not your fault - his.

Rachel Green said...

Sorry love.

BT said...

Well it made me laugh Rach.

Unknown said...

Ha! Excellent for fond memories and others not so much. Superb job.