Friday 1 May 2009

Spring Garden, with Clockwork Heads.

In the lull of noise
after the perpetual cadence
of an April shower,
she looks backwards
to see the impossible.
Wicked specimens
of crystalline lunacy
kept in piggybanks
and seeded with p
otatoes
in the vegetable patch.
Where Hardscrabble the cat
digs through leaves and discarded pages
of a literary magazine
to unearth nascent prototypes
of clockwork people
with crystal skulls
and a streak of Indiana
leaking from their veins.

prompt here


4 comments:

aims said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this one Rachel. It stirs something deep but I can't put a name to it.

Rachel Green said...

It's an odd one. Perhaps I'll rework it.

BT said...

Ooo-err, I don't quite understand it but love the words and the painting is fabulous. I'd like those in our vege patch. Love the little pig.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Gina. - The poem is nonsense, I think, though I love 'Hardscrabble the cat'.