Friday 20 November 2009

November Poems 20

And Then Came the Error Monkeys

She is satisfied at last,
survived the epic journey
that took her from an average clerk
in a busy solicitor's office
to Champion of Heaven, Queen of the Circle Sea
(via Charing Cross and Seven Sisters)
by defeating the Minotaur of Discounted Tampons
and found her lost love
following her exploits on paper
until she dragged him
deep into the subtext.

With victory so close
she is laid low
by Printer eRRoR
andthesuddenlossofspacesbetweenwords
and the Spectre of Inappropriate Covers
aided by the Dread Pirate of Age Banding.

Our heroine slumps,
defeated.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

*chuckles* Poor girl. I'd slump, too.

Rachel Green said...

I managed to avoid the Spectre of Inappropriate Covers but not much else.

DJ Kirkby said...

Clever writing but oh my I really did not like that photo at all! I'm not sure you have any spare time to read (I am amazed by your nano word count) but I have a fabulous book to give away on my Chez Aspie blog from Sunday so please stop by and join in the fun. x

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Denyse. I'm generally keeping up with other people's blogs so i would have spotted it :)

aims said...

I lve it I lve it I lve it!

Is the Minotaur of Discounted Tampons Greek or Roman mythology?

Oh girl - you have made us howl with laughter here this morning!

Rachel Green said...

Oh, Greek of course!