Tuesday 12 January 2016

Daily 11th January 2016

inveigle [in-vey-guh l, -vee-] verb (used with object), inveigled, inveigling.
1. to entice, lure, or ensnare by flattery or artful talk or inducements (usually followed by into):
to inveigle a person into playing bridge.
2. to acquire, win, or obtain by beguiling talk or methods (usually followed by from or away):
to inveigle a theater pass from a person.

Cameron's new ruse
to inveigle extra votes
from racist Britons

2016-01-11 13.45.13Went to Liane's to get rid of the mice in the scullery. Found them. Ejected them. Filled up the hole they got through with self hardening foam which I cannot get off my hands. Euch.

 

 

 

 

 

Facebook Haiku

January 11: yearling

premature calf
from a yearling Frisian
stillborn

for http://www.facebook.com/pages/NaHaiWriMo/108107262587697   NaHaiWriMo


Something that made me smile today:

KAPAP. And a cinema date night with DK

KAPAP rocks, though in real life I would be dead from the knife wound in the stress test.


Gah! I had every album of his. He was the soundtrack to my life. RIP David Bowie. http://io9.gizmodo.com/rip-david-bowie-the-musician-who-changed-science-ficti-1752187018

Written today:

poem - 10
Gilded Cage (250)

You've been reading Of Literary Bent. I thank you.

No comments: