Thursday 21 April 2016

A Month of Writing Prompts 2016

In liew of a review:

 A Month of Writing Prompts 2016
by Julie Duffy
Kindle edition £2.10

A Story a Day


So much more than 31 writing prompts, this fun collection---packed with personality---gives you short story prompts designed to work with the topics and genres that already interest you. Each prompt comes with tips to jump-start your writing and help you dig deeper into the story.

As a multi-published novelist, I agreed to review an advance copy of this (Full disclosure, I was given a free copy) and honestly found it useful. I've been a bit haphazard with my writing goals lately and haven't published a novel in a couple of years so thought I'd try it out. It's really rather splendid. It does take me out of my comfort zone (every day requires a new, finished short story -- or a least a rough draft thereof -- and I was expecting to stay in my own style, which I can't do. If you want to kickstart your writing, or just flex a few literary muscles, this is the book for you.

No comments: