Sunday 16 April 2017

poetry 2017 / 063

For today’s prompt, take the phrase “(blank) System,” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. Possible titles could include: “Weather System,” “Solar System,” “Writing System,” “Ecological System,” or any number of other takes on systems.




Triangle System

I'm not saying it's a pyramid scheme,
I'm just saying it seems suspect
that your redemption depends
on how many people you recruit.
And exactly how many
does it take to get into Heaven?
You never made that clear.

What I do understand
is the monetary tithe,
the restrictions on liberty,
and the vetting of who I talk to
and who I date.

Isn't it in the constitution
that we are all equal?
Or is it just that some
or more equal than others?

No comments: